The Mastenbreok 40/20 Drainage Plow is the largest investment ever made by Farm Services Ltd in its seventy five year history and represents the future of the company
The Mastenbreok 40/20 Drainage Plow:
- It is the first drainage plow built in and operated in England for over thirty years.
- Is one of the most unique and advanced drainage machines in Europe.
- Is custom built to our requirements and weighs 32 tonnes on 800mm wide, 6.4m long tracks.
- Lays 60mm, 80mm, 100mm and 160mm diameter plastic land drainage pipe to a depth of 1.8m.
- Has a stage four Volvo Penta TAD1372VE diesel engine capable of producing 315kw /428hp.
- Grade control via RTK GPS allowing for quicker and more accurate installation than Laser grading.
This investment demonstrates the Farm Services commitment to installation with trenchless drainage plow. This technique is uniquely suited to large scale agricultural drainage schemes, offering precision installation and an unmatched speed. Although once common in the UK, today most drainage is installed with a chain trencher, however this is not the case in the rest of the world. Drainage plows greatly outnumber any other type of machine especially in North America where they have been tried, tested and perfected. The machine will be partly funded by European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development Grant.
Farm Services is pioneering this new generation of drainage plows in the UK, offering bespoke drainage solutions to increase yield.